Monday, January 21, 2008

Orange Dreams

I'm off for MLK Day today. That is nice. I slept on the couch last night. Sometimes I do that. No reason, no explanation. Sometimes I do that.

This weekend I took a scene study class with a casting director from a big deal theatre company. When I was finished with my scene she said, "I wish the director of the Broadway production had scene you do that, because that's the way the scene should have been played. That was ingenious."
Wow. Thanks. I'll take that.
Two days later and I'm still floating.
Validation.
I am not wasting my time here.
I do sometimes feel like I'm spinning my wheels, but every so often I get a little nudge that helps me grip and I can move a couple of inches forward.

This weekend I discovered that I like to eat a half of a ruby red grapefruit for breakfast like a 70's housewife on a diet. It's pretty delicious.

I took a hardcore yoga class yesterday and I cain't hardly move today. I'm normally a Pilates girl....no one chants. That can make me sore, too, but in different places. Who knew this about yoga? I've taken maybe three classes before, but this one....whew. I'm a hurtin.

I have about five hours before I have to leave my house for rehearsal. Already did the dishes. Need to put some laundry away. Then I plan to attack the monster at the foot of the stairs. I have a pile of days-worth of dropping my daily load as soon as I walk in the door and down the stairs. Piles of bags and books and jackets and umbrellas and hats and junkmail...oh my.
Alright. I'm suiting up and going in.
Somebody check on my later to verify I haven't been eaten.

P.S. Orange is making me very happy lately.
I just opened my ING 401K statement (orange, ya know). I have a box of Chick-O-Sticks on the bar (not orange flavored, but orange in color...and delicious). And I recently received in the mail my Christmas present from my momma... an orange stand mixer. Wahoo.... I love it.
I shall bake an orange cake. Not today. But soon. Soon.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

You still there? Still safe?

Gertrude said...

Orange. You would look good in orange. You have the correct coloring.
I long to wear it. And yellow.