Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dear Wet Blanket,*

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm choosing to pretend the world, as I know it, is not affected by the strike. This means, yes, we will have Oscars. NBC says they will still have Golden Globes on Jan. 13. Ridiculous.
But I trust that Oscar will be rip, rarin', and ready for me when the time comes.

I also believe in unicorns.

*I don't really think you're a wet blanket, Kizz.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

Well since I tossed my damp linens on you I have found out the following:

Golden Globes are going to be just a press conference announcing the winners.

United Artists has signed an agreement with the WGA so anyone is allowed to work for them. This proves that Gert was prolly right and Letterman is not only a gentleman but an industry leader. It makes it look as though the WGA may not come to an agreement with the producers' group they may instead break it, which is sort of amazing.

In short, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, so buff up your tiara and save some points for popcorn!

Gertrude said...

I am just glad that some of it is over and it is not turning out bad bad bad as I had anticipated. Writers never get anything but a kick in the ass.
But hopefully they will get more love and soon.
Its just a love for Dave thing with me. He stays up late. I stay up late. I truly laugh at Stupid Pet Tricks. I love when he interviews Julia! And Jack Hanna, my love for him runs much deeper.
United Artists... cool. Off to research what other shows we get back.
I wonder if there is any chance we could get Gilmore Girls back as the Noah thing really didn't float for Loralia. Who would believe that she is the Mother of three boys? Two by two I believe and the large boat but she does not have boys.