I'm working on my list. It's more difficult than I anticipated.
Who knew I had so few goals.
Plus, I'm doing it at work, so I have to be stealth.
Gert requested that I do more telling about the day job she wasn't aware that I had. She thought I bartended...which I do...for extra money, but the day job pays the rent...until the acting pays the rent....or the sugar daddy pays the rent...whichever comes first.
I work in construction management. What what?
That's right. Construction. But in the office. Only occasionally in the field. And then it's mainly just taking drawings to one of my project managers. I primarily type things.
I did run a project once. I supervised a lighting installation in the conference room at one of the Polo office. PRL has a lot of offices.
The electricians thought they had a better way to hang the lights than the architects.
I kept saying, "Guys, just hang them like the drawings show...you need a cross brace here....what are you doing?....come on..."
Response: "Miss, look....look at this...miss miss...if we do this....blah blah blahbitty blah...."
Me: "Follow the drawings."
Electrician: "But..."
Me, storming from room, to my laborer as he passes, "They won't listen to me."
Laborer: "What? Hey...guys...do it like she says."
Electricians: "Oh, ok."
Turned out well, but I wasn't happy. And it took three Saturdays to do. I traded the Saturday work for weekday audition time. My boss is pretty dang cool, even though he doesn't really understand the acting thing. He supportive, but confused.
But, it's all worth it on days I get to wear a hardhat.
Rock on Rock Lobsters.
3 comments:
Okay. Now I know. Its helps. Thank you.
Clever girl with the title and all.
Construction...big burly men?
How are they? Any hot ones?
Where can I get me one of those? I think it'd solve a lot of problems with the hole in my head.
this is one of my favorite pics of you. was showing it to Mgirl on your myspace this weekend.
Post a Comment