I don't want this diet/menu thing I have to do be all that I chat about, but it is the largest source of frustration in my life right now (boy excluded and I don't want to talk about that).
I just keep hitting walls.
My thought: Vegans must have something they do for cheese sauce product!
They do. And they all write all over the web about how delicious it is. You know what makes it delicious? Cashews and yeast flakes. Nope and nope. Both on the list.
Dinner with friend tonight. He says, "I'll make panzenella and you bring wine."
I have to say, "I can't have bread or cheese or wine. Salad and vodka."
Don't get me wrong...there is much to be said for salad and vodka.
I just have more to say about cheese and wine.
...
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Is spelt on the list? You can get spelt noodles. I'm pretty sure they're yeast free and you can eat them like spaghetti. You could also use them in a lasagna and substitute soft tofu for ricotta cheese.
Uh...It took us an hour to grocery shop for one week's worth of food Monday because of the label reading. We don't even have any food issues (maybe gluten...but fuck it, I can deal). Macaroons in the little tin are yeast free. Is coconut on the list? You could eat macaroons!
No...spelt is a species of wheat and is not gluten-free.
I have purchased rice pasta and have also seen buckwheat noodles.
I never thought of macaroons!
Do the yeast flakes really have to be included? In a lot of vegan recipes in which I've used yeast flakes, they were usually just there for nutritional value.
Going to consult my Uncheese Cookbook. If I find anything, you can borrow it for as long as you want.
BTW, nutritional yeast is inactive and has no leavening power. Does that make any different?
mmm.....yeast flakes....
Post a Comment