I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday and while I was driving his loser ass home my car broke down on the interstate (which I am told this morning will require $500 for repair...a sum of money I do not have.) The breakdown prolonged the break-up by a couple of hours resulting in even more tension. I had planned a pleasant good-bye at his apartment...an "I love you, but I can not do this anymore. Thank you for one of the best summers of my life." Instead he ran up the subway stairs and got on the train before I was even through the turnstile.
I also missed a show I had tickets for. I might have liked the two-hour distraction.
Sunday was not a good day. So, I slept last night on the couch, fully dressed. It's all I could think of to do.
Here's to better.
...
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Onward and upward! I think...I think this is maybe good. Right?
Maybe good. Hard to tell right now.
I've already composed an email that lists the things I need to make the relationship work. I have not sent it. I might. I might not. We'll see.
I just read a Sophie Kinsella book where the heroin's dad tells her that life is like an escalator. You just keep moving on. Eventually you finally make it to the floor you're looking for. The floor with the fabulous dress, cookie, cake, coffee, tea, beauty all in one shop. Big hug.
Oh and my word verification was retickle. Which I thought was very funny.
Its just geography that is different in our lives most of the time isn't it dear?
I read the posts... and think "Me too."
And well... I chose the bed and you chose the couch.
Post a Comment