Thursday, December 16, 2010

An Open Letter to 2010

You may stop now. I mean really. Just stop.
There was no need to put that nail in the path of my tire. Especially since you put a piece of glass out there two weeks ago. You are not teaching me anything by continuing to just be mean.
And when you let me stand outside for an hour in 25 degree weather while at least a hundred people walked by and barely glanced at the girl in a skirt kicking the tire iron to try to loosen the lug nuts...well, that, 2010, is just downright hateful. I suppose you expect me to be grateful that you finally, after twelve phone calls to tow companies, sent someone to change my tire for a mere $65 dollars. Never mind I had to wait an additional hour for him to show up. Frankly, I'm feeling a little beaten up by you, 2010.
I think you are a wicked old man. Worse than my mean old Uncle Buster who threw a cup of coffee at my sister because he couldn't see the tv.
I hope your little baby new year is sweet and kind and loving. I really do.

That damn new apple best fall real far from the tree. Or else....

applesauce.

...

5 comments:

Chris said...

It's almost over. Just hang in there!

Gertrude said...

Love this post. Love it! Let it know... Stand up on the table like Sally Field. Union!
Great writing chick. I hate that you are having to write about it. But I love your wit.
And your smile... here's hoping 2011 is chuck full of those.

Cindy said...

Chris's comment reminds me of that poster Marge hangs in her "office" when she starts the pretzel business. You should wallpaper a wall with that poster.

Chris said...

http://www.hangintherebaby.com/thesimpsons-s8e11.jpg

ChromePlatedGirl said...

I'm pretty sure at some point I compared myself to that "dang kitty in a tree," but I can't find it. May have been on facebook.

Anyway. Yep.
Hanging in there.
Always gripping.