An interoffice email:
"Next week we will be having a holiday raffle event on Thursday December 16th at 4:00 p.m.
This raffle is to raise money for Toys for Tots and tickets will be $5.00 each.
The Prizes will be as follows:
The grand prize winner will receive 50% of the total tickets sales
2nd Prize will receive 25% of the total ticket sales
3rd Prize will receive 10% of the total ticket sales
The remainder of the ticket sales will go directly to Toys for Tots for their holiday toy drive so please show your support and buy tickets!"
This makes me ridiculous grumpy. 15% to charity. 15%. 85% to my coworkers and 15% to the charity. Show my support. OK. How about you watch me volunteer on Saturday?
Or how about you show your support, company that I work for, by suggesting that you will match donations? Yeah, it sucks that we're not getting bonuses again this year...or raises...again this year, but this...? This opportunity to win some coworkers money disguised as a charity event? I haven't the right words. I'm mad. And I would like to be surrounded by good people. Please.
...
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Soon. You'll be home soon. Sitting with us. It must be a day for angry blogging.
What?! Who the hell thought of this? What is wrong with them and the people who thought this was a good idea?
Criminy. I wish I could be surprised by all that.
That's ludicrious! You should start a petition to donate 100% to charity. People really love petitions...
Post a Comment