Monday, December 6, 2010

Only Read If Your Name Is Ebenezer

My office holiday party is tonight, the first "event" of the season, as it were, and I gotta tell ya, I'm a little Bah-Humbug about it. Not just tonight's party, the whole thing. I'm wearing red tights and a t-shirt that says "Fruitcake," but that's all I got in me. Nothing sparkly or spangly. I've already received a couple of, "You're not changing?" No, I'm not.
My plane ticket home for Christmas cost $316. I barely had that, much less an extra for gifts. And my family will buy me things that I don't have room for or need. And I'll feel guilty about having nothing for them. I try to tell them, but they don't listen.
My house is still in shambles and my new roommate is as critical as my ex-boyfriend. He's passive-agressive about it though, as opposed to full on aggressive. Frankly, I'm not sure which I prefer. Neither. How about neither?
And I don't really care if it snows and I don't really care if there are decorations. I tried. I went to the Christmas tree lighting in my neighborhood on Friday. I lasted about 10 minutes before I walked across the street home. Plus I don't know where my coat is, so that sucks.
Speaking of Scrooge, I better get back to my Cratchit-wage job here.

Also, maybe I should take this little mood-leveling pill.

...

4 comments:

Kizz said...

I've gotten to a comfortably numb state rather than my usual hate. The one thing I've found to help in past years has been music. I'm going carolling on the 17th in my 'hood of you're in the mood to try that. There's free hot chocolate and cookies.

Cindy said...

Yes, but you're coming home! To the Flaming Lips!

ChromePlatedGirl said...

I am glad of that. I am certainly glad to be coming home.

ArtistJen said...

Oh no, passive aggressive roommate? You've got to get rid of that ASAP. Passive aggressive will really start to stress you out & make you angry. Get rid of him sweetie. I know that's easier said than done.

Hooray! You're coming home!