Monday, September 27, 2010

That's Not the Rain, That's Me Crying

My landlord's son wants my apartment.
I'm getting kicked out.

...

8 comments:

Kizz said...

That is exactly what happened to me with my last apartment. It's rough but I hope you'll find something even better. What's your time frame?

Gertrude said...

What can we do to help? Craigslist?

ChromePlatedGirl said...

I've been on craigslist for the last hour and am now even more discouraged. I've put a few feelers out for rooms and roommates. I think I just need to step back for the day. I'm not sure what my time frame is. They told me this morning. I think they want November.

Chris said...

Hell damn fart! That shouldn't even be legal.

jlp said...

My jaw just dropped. What?! Do you have a lease? You should just squat there and refuse to leave. There's such a thing as tenant rights.

jlp said...

They have to sue you if they want to evict you, and they have no other cause than that the landlord's son wants your apartment. So a court would probably dismiss their case.
http://www.rentlaw.com/eviction/newyorkeviction.htm

Also, it's illegal for them to try to harass you to make you leave.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/html/tenants/harassment.shtml

Cindy said...

I'm with Chris. I do not like this one bit.

Misti Ridiculous said...

gross. something though...something good is coming in it's place. I know it.