Did I tell you that I was over an hour late for work today because I couldn't find my car this morning? I knew that I last parked it on Wednesday, 9/1/10, and I knew that it was parked on a Monday side of the street so that I wouldn't get a ticket when I was out of town since parking rules would be suspended on Labor Day. I also knew I would get a ticket today if I didn't move it by 9:30AM. I walked up and down the streets and avenues. After a couple of texts and calls to work about my late then later arrival, I finally found my car parked 16 blocks from my house.
My boss sent me a text saying that he wanted to talk to my parents about my drinking problem and today has been an endless joke about my car and my drinking. Every guy that walks by his office is told to ask me where my car is. Oh, StatenIslandTony, you're hilarious. (At least he's good-natured...else I'd be worried about my job right now.)
He's right about one thing. I do have a problem (beyond the fact that I can't remember anything anymore). I think maybe I subconsciously parked so far from myself to ensure the great walk from and to the car.
Hi, my name is ChromePlatedGirl. It's been two days since my last pint.
Of Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.
...
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
16 blocks! Now, that's funny...but kind of not. I mean, 16 blocks!?
Next time just park it at my house. LOL. ;P
Don't let Chris tease you. He loses the car in parking lots all the time.
But not 16 blocks away! I don't think I could walk 16 blocks to retrieve my car. I'd just have to consider it abandoned.
I can't remember a damn thing either.
Or next time, you could just ask me to move it while you're away. I'll get used to parallel parking the monster sooner or later.
Post a Comment