Monday, June 7, 2010

No Guts, No Pictures of Strangers

While waiting in line yesterday to start the Tour de Brooklyn, I visited with three glorious women whose real names I never learned. They've been friends for so long that their smiles make them look like sisters...a suggestion they've heard many times. They decided to turn their friendship, their sisterhood, into an exclusive cycling club, complete with t-shirts: The Cyclin' Soul Sistahs! The backs of their t-shirts had the names of their bikes: Juicy Fruit (a yellow 10-speed), Almond Joy (a very new and shiny blue and white number), and Big Red (you get the idea.) I wanted to show you these three with the beautiful smile, but I was too embarrassed to ask.

I spent the rest of the day singing "Soul Sistah, Soul Sistah" and thinking what candy wrapper my bike most resembles.

...

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

i love all of this that you've got going on in your life! I just really really do!