Monday, June 7, 2010

Aggression

I'm going to sell my bike. I'm upgrading. Who the hell am I?
I'm moving from my hybrid to a road bike. I need more power. My bike is fine for a roll around the neighborhood, but I do long distances on a weekly basis and I need more bike. (My sore little knees need a better ride.) The bike-shop-dude yesterday said I was ready for "a more aggressive ride."
This is strange. This thing that's happened in the last year. This new activity. This new culture. I even joined a group.
I even say to drivers double-parked in the bike line, "ummmm....hey, mister...this is a bike lane."

...ok....so maybe I'm still working on the aggressive thing....

...

3 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

again. love it. love that you joined a group...it seems that you've found your stride there...

jlp said...

I would consider buying your old bike from you if...er...we got rid of some stuff so that I could have somewhere to keep it. Let me know what you're doing with it.

Chris said...

Whoa! That's awesome. Did you think you'd be doing this when you first started riding?