I don't know what I did, but I sure as hell pissed off the tooth fairy.
Here's what seems to have happened:
At the ripe old age of 37, I have a wisdom tooth growing in. (No wonder I've been so cranky lately; I'm teething!) The tooth growing in has pushed my crown off. With my crown gone, I was able to get some new leverage and space and broke off a piece of the tooth next to it while grinding my teeth in my sleep. So now I need a wisdom tooth extraction and two new crowns. My dental insurance (which thank goodness I have) has a yearly maximum on it and I can't get all the work done, so now there are decisions to be made. Probably going to have to do the extraction and one crown now and the second crown in January. Still not sure of what the cost will be, because I must go to oral surgeon for extraction and who knows how that's going to work.
I also need to do something about the night time grinding and chomping. I've woken myself up with it every night this week. I do take an anti-anxiety before bed, but it seems to not be working completely. There is some supposition that with me the bruxism is as much a skeletal issue as a stress one. My lower jaw is set too far back and my bite doesn't match up. It also moves to the side if I open my mouth too wide. (I sleep with my mouth wide open...when I'm not grinding.) The TMJ/TMD is getting increasingly worse....the grinding, the tooth damage, the headaches, the muffled ear, the jaw pain. I don't know what to do. The doctors don't know what to do.
I'm so tired.
...
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Perhaps sucking your thumb as you go to sleep will help.
Um... wisdom teeth. Woof Chick. Will pray for the Money Fairy. Or may be the compassionate dentist will give you mass drugs.
Post a Comment