I try very hard to be a person of my word. Very hard. Sometimes it is work to do what you'll say you do. I don't want to call the charity lady. And God bless Kizz's gigantor heart for offering to do it for me. But I am a person of my word, so I will ride that bike tour for that charity. And so will that boy. But I will raise his money for him, because when I got us into this he wasn't completely informed, so that will be my responsibility. I've committed to $500 each, which goes on my credit card on April 28th if I don't make it. Big deal.
I walked around my office yesterday for a half hour, hit up (hit on?) 12 guys and now have $334.
I can totally do $1000 by April 28th.
I can totally do 42 miles by May 3rd.
Hey, Numskull...have you decided what your April charity is yet? How about this one?
There's some special link to donate online that counts towards my goal, but I got to dig through all my papers. We'll talk about that stuff later.
I just wanted to let you know that I'm doing it.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is a smart solution. You can totally do $1000 by April 28. Not an issue. Be sure to tell folks on FB once you've got that internet link all linked up together.
I do hope that the boy, regardless of his level of informitude, will be donating a few clams toward the goal.
I told him he had to donate the equivalent of the entry fee for the non-charity riders...$40.
He countered with an offer of $150.
I'm getting caught up. I was taken out at the knees this week, but I'm up. I AM UP!!! I'll send money!!!! we'll post this to my blog too...this weekend. muah. i'm so proud of you!!!
Come on, find the special link already!
Post a Comment