Since I have only two days of dental insurance left, I decided to get an emergency root canal! (Rather, my tooth did.)
I was already at the dentist and he was doing something else when all of a sudden he says, "Wow. I need to do a root canal." So then he pulls out the big needle shoves it into my gum for a third time (don't groan now...there were a total of FIVE numbing shots...on account of I kept having to "raise your left hand if you feel any pain") So, now I get to go back today and get a new crown. My cost: $650. With insurance! I cannot imagine what would have happened to my 401K if this occured next week.
Since I was already dealing with a little pain and misery, I went to go see a play about serial killers.
SILENCE! the MUSICALYeah, you heard me. A musical of Silence of the Lambs. BUT...before you start rolling your eyes and questioning the state of American theatre...it's a parody! (Actually...go ahead and question the state of American theatre...) I laughed myself silly. Yo, Kizz and Misti! You remember when we saw BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON? Remember? My favorite guy from that is in this. (I know you two loved him as well, but were perhaps a little more fond of Henry Clay on account of the ferrets.) Anyway...he's brilliant. He's absolutely brilliant. In a way that makes me jealous of him even though I want to hold him in my arms for a minute. But just for a minute because he's very tall and my arms get tired when I have to reach up.
Today is my last day at this job. They tried to offer me what's left of my vacation pay in exchange for the harrassment being "water under the bridge." Eight days pay. I think I'll try to get more.
Mama needs a brand new tooth.
...
Friday, August 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
water under the bridge.
f that in the a.
mama needs not only a new toofer, but perhaps some new shoes, fancy bike accessories, down payments on future housing and whatnot.
perhaps she needs enough to build a new effin bridge.
I would soooo go see that musical.
and your teeth scare me. i hope you're better.
when you leave today, I hope you skip and sing ding dong the witch is dead.
also that guy? he's EVERYWHERE!!! i see him everywhere. and he and the ferrit guy were both my favorites.
slurp.
Who says you have to reach up?
(Also? Congratulations again!)
I like the way JLP thinks. Yay for the last day at crap job! Boo to their offer. They can take it and suck it.They are saying that you are only worth 8 days of pay, when we all know they are going to sink with out you. You're worth the company and more.
Ha! 8 days pay. They're scared. That's awesome. I'm glad you're out of there.
They should be scared. Bullshit sexist fuckwits should all be scared.
Hurray for being out of there!
Post a Comment