Friday, August 27, 2010

What's the Buzz-Tell Ya What's a Happenin'

Y'all.

I have a lot going on right now.

I'm reading the stage directions for a reading of a new play at Primary Stages. We spent Wednesday evening marking up my script and deciding what was necessary and what wasn't. It was fun. It's been a while since I've been in a rehearsal and I miss it. I have a long one this Saturday afternoon with the cast. Then the actual reading is on Sunday. When I asked what I should wear, I was told "Just wear black. Be clean and elegant." I think the director added that part about clean because lately I am so often not.

This afternoon I have my final rehearsal with my scene partner before our Monday showcase for the playwright.
You guys...this is a big deal. We were chosen to present for the playwright who wrote the damn play the scene is from. (I feel cool. Not everyone was chosen.) But I might throw up. Seriously.
Also, the scene is working me...hard...emotionally. It's from a play called Fat Pig and in the scene boy breaks up with girl because of her appearance. And since I just spent the last year with a guy who admitted to "not really sometimes" being attracted to me and would constantly view porn that looked nothing like me, I am able to make this scene deeply personal. It's been a while since I've done good work and I miss it.

Oh, and then there's that little matter of going to Idaho to see a man about a mountain. I'm excited and nervous and knee-deep in that above paragraph feeling gross and scared and what the hell will I wear and oh my god I have to climb a mountain.

But it's good. It's all good.
Right now I'm typing this. And after I type this I'll type some very important construction documents. And then I'll go rehearse. And then I'll go buy a backpack. And then I'll have a picnic in the park and throw a frisbee to NessaMonster.
And I'll continue to be excited and nervous about everything that's happening.
And I'll also remember to enjoy every minute of every feeling.

Except maybe that part about the construction documents.

...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

As I type this, Coldplay's Fix You is playing in the background at it's at the line "If you never try, you'll never know just what you're worth."

I remember feeling the same way about BlogHer and New York. Remember how awesome all of that turned out? This is your time. Savor ever minute.

Misti Ridiculous said...

I am on edge waiting to hear about tonight's reading!!!