Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One of Those Days

Yesterday was one of those days.
You know, one of those days when nothing goes right.
Ok, really, I mean one of those days when nobody is doing anything right.
Except me, of course.
I was so mad at everyone.
People were walking too slowly, or in my way, or they couldn't hold their umbrellas correctly, or they were breathing. New York was an endless supply of irritants.

But there's an old saying, "If you meet more than one asshole in a day, look in the mirror."

Today I'm trying to be less of an asshole.
But it's raining. And I didn't have my umbrella. And my sinuses hurt. And I'm a little crampy. And the donut cart didn't have the one I like.

And people are still breathing.

...

2 comments:

Kizz said...

I have always said that people should have to pass a test and get a license to operate an umbrella in the city. Some girl ran into 3 people trying to cross 41st Street this morning. After she bumped into me I lifted her bumbershoot and told her, "You need to look up."

Pats on the back, I didn't kick her in the shin as punctuation.

Cindy said...

I feel that way today. I have a particularly low tolerance for post docs today.

My word verification is canda, but I feel it should be candy