Friday, June 26, 2009

Warts (and Sags and Stretches and Flabs) and All

I went back to the theatre at the end of the call on Wednesday and told them that I was "ok" with the onstage nudity and I would like to officially throw my hat in the ring for consideration for the production.

The director said, "Oh, I had hoped so. It is a very brave thing you are doing. I've directed nudity onstage and in film and I could never drop my pants."

So, now we see if I get a callback...then book the show.
It wasn't actually an offer. I had just had a really good audition and he asked me to consider it.

You know, I thought about it all day long. What are the reasons I won't do it...what are the reasons I'm nervous about it....talked it via email with a good friend, had some input from here. And I kept coming back to Kathy Bates doing "Frankie & Johnny at the Clare de Lune." And how can I have that type of career if I don't make more daring choices. So, I said I'd do it.

Cellulite and all.

...

2 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

bravo! now THAT's moxie!

Cindy said...

I'll say that's moxie. You will get the part and rock it!

Ok...Off topic,but my verification word is ousin. OU sin. OU is sinful. OK...stopping...now.