Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ten Things: Ow! My aorta!

BREAKS MY HEART EVERY TIME

1.
A Deep-Sworn Vow
William Butler Yeats

OTHERS because you did not keep
That deep-sworn vow have been friends of mine;
Yet always when I look death in the face,
When I clamber to the heights of sleep,
Or when I grow excited with wine,
Suddenly I meet your face.



2.
Moses
Patty Griffin
find it....listen to it
"Diamonds, Roses,
I need Moses
To cross this sea of loneliness,
Part this Red River of pain."


3.
Big Fish
" You become what you always were - a very big fish. "


4.
Breakfast atTiffany's
[last lines] Holly Golightly: Cat! Cat! Oh, Cat... ohh...


5.
Company
Stephen Sondheim
the whole dang show

6.
My sister sad.



7.




8.
Missing kitties.......
9.
Missing daughters.......
10.
Missing success.........

6 comments:

Gertrude said...

You are such a very nice person.
Truly heart felt!

Misti Ridiculous said...

good list my dear. . . . i'll be back later. xoxoxo

SP said...

I love Yeats. Actually, one of the names we considered (but, like a few others, discarded) if my daughter had been a boy, was Yeats. I thought it could work for either gender, but, hey, I got to pick her name eventually anyway, so, who's complaining here? Probably shouldn't be me.

This is one of my favorite Yeats offerings:

O DO NOT LOVE TOO LONG

SWEETHEART, do not love too long:
I loved long and long,
And grew to be out of fashion
Like an old song.

All through the years of our youth
Neither could have known
Their own thought from the other's,
We were so much at one.

But O, in a minute she changed--
O do not love too long,
Or you will grow out of fashion
Like an old song.

Misti Ridiculous said...

ps, what's number 7?

ChromePlatedGirl said...

That's Neill, babe.
Pretty sure that was taken the night I met him at a Love Button album release party.
Ali had the photo on her myspace page and it split my heart wide in two.

Misti Ridiculous said...

Oh God. I can only imagine....