If I had written "Attend a Political Rally on The National Mall in DC" on my life list, I would have checked that off this weekend. Yep. I was there. The Rally to Restore Sanity. (I was wearing a pink hoodie. Did you see me in the crowd of 215,000?)
Maybe I'll write it on the list and go to another one, because it was just that awesome to stand there with a view of the Capitol, surrounded by thousands of people who think similarly, laughing and clapping and cheering, feeling part of something, something important. (p.s. GO VOTE!)
Plus I saw Ozzy Osbourne and Yusuf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens)perform at the same time on the same stage...sort of in opposition rather than together...but still...can't be beat.
...
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I'd been with you. Ozzy and Cat. Pink Hoodies. Politics. All my favorite things.
That was so fun! I'm glad you're always going to be in my memories of the rally. After hearing about all these people who were stuck in traffic or couldn't get on a train from out of DC proper, I wondered how your friends did. Did they make it in?
Post a Comment