Thursday, January 14, 2010

Well, Huh.

We met at the birthday party of a mutual friend maybe about three years ago. I've seen him at a handful of parties over the three years, but I frequently pass him on the sidewalk on our way into work in the morning. We work on the same block. We usually say a brief hello...there has been an occasional chat...once there was just a high five. Today as I passed him I thought, "I should ask him to lunch. I think we're friends on facebook." When I turned on my computer, this email was already in my inbox.


The Engineer sent you a message on facebook.

Subject: Lunchtime

"Hey you, since I keep running into you in the morning, clearly we should find a better time and hang out, because I'm not a real talker in the morning. Wanna get lunch next week?"


...

5 comments:

Kizz said...

As good signs go that seems like kind of a biggie.

Misti Ridiculous said...

Isn't the Universe a great thing??? and I totally agree with Kizz.
HIGH FIVE UNIVERSE!!!

Chris said...

How did he know that? Is he the Matrix?

Seriously, that's a good sign. Keep us posted.

Cindy said...

I swear to God I left a comment here the other day. Something about this making me smile.

Misti Ridiculous said...

HULLOOOOOOO!!!!! hullooo hulllooo hullooooo....is this thing on?????
updates puhleese.