I sliced and pulled off the casing of three fat turkey sausage links so I could have a ground turkey sausage. I browned it in the bottom of my soup pot with a few green onions...white and green parts. I took it out of the pan and set it aside while I boiled some potatoes in water in that same pot (with all the oniony sausage goodness stuck to the bottom.) For the potatoes I peeled and cut 4 big standard yellowish ones and then threw in a couple of handfuls of little baby fingerling potatoes, unpeeled. When the potatoes were tender, I took out the peeled and cut ones (leaving the little unpeeled fingerlings whole) with about half the broth, added some buttermilk, and blended that up. Then I poured it back in the big pot. Then I cut up a whole bunch of kale and put that in there. Then I threw the sausage and onions back in and let it all simmer until the kale got soft and dark green.
Then I ate it up. Potato-Kale soup with Turkey Sausage. Yummers.
That's What I Did.
That's the way I do it.
...
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i am dying for some real food. real healthy good food.
that soup sounds brilliant.
You are awesome! I would eat that, but with out the turkey. Unlike my mom, I still believe that birds are not vegetables.
Post a Comment