Friday, November 13, 2009

Ambitions

Tonight's Menu:
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (from scratch)
Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables (carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips)
Buttermilk Biscuits
Homemade Apple Butter (this might be scary)

Tomorrow's Goals:
Load of laundry (it's the whites' turn)
Clean up mess of a kitchen (see above)
Come up with one bag of get-rid-of clothes
Experiment with cutting glass bottles (I have a really good idea)
Attend art opening (meh)

Sunday:
A walk in the woods (I gotta go look for my head)

...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I've never eaten a turnip. I know, right?!?! Like how is that possible.
Also, my friend Amy told me that last weekend her mom made "almond butter" by blending almonds with powdered sugar. I'm not sure that this is technically butter, but sounded good.

Enjoy!

Kizz said...

Those are ambitious ambitions. And I mean that in a good way. My ambitions for tonight? Make sure child remains alive until mother returns. Should be simple enough, right?

Gertrude said...

Chef Hula, what time is dinner?
Wow! It all looks so great.
I haven't been present here... likely dinner is over and dishes are long done.
But well, babe, well done.
I miss your words.
I miss my blog life.