Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This Is What I Did

Roasted four sweet potatoes for an unbearably long time....finally gave up and boiled them stovetop in a can of vegetable broth. In a separate pot, sauteed two apples, one leek, one celery stalk, and one red pepper in some olive oil, then added another can of stock. When everything was super soft, I put it all in the bigger pot and added a little more water and hit with the immersion blender. Now I have apple sweet potato soup. Yummers.
I read a recipe online yesterday at work, but didn't print it, so by the time I got home, my recipe was half what I remembered and half what I had on-hand (leek instead of onion, add red pepper, use an extra apple before these go bad.)

And that's what I did.
That's the way I do it.

...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds yummy. I do that all the time, start with a recipe and end up with a bastard creation. Usually works in my favor.

FYI: Sweet potatoes can baked in a crock pot on low for six to seven hours. Just wash them, leave wet, and wrap in aluminum foil. Baked sweet potatoes all ready when you come home at the end of a crappy day.

Gertrude said...

Oh, I love all this goodness. You know of my recent madness for sweet potatoes! So doing this minus the bock bock broth. Veggie will have to do. UM>>>yummy!