Two is the number of drinks that lets me arise on a Saturday morning ready to face the laundr-o-mat. I've been getting that wrong for weeks on end.
Today is many tasks day.
I would like to do both loads of laundry, go to bank (after locating small second job paycheck that is floating around the apartment), do the dishes, cook something for the week, go to the gym, run into the city early enough to stop and Bed/Bath to buy an ice cream maker for my new mixer (I dream of sorbets), maybe stop in to see my old-lady friend, then do a play tonight.
Whew.
Let's all hope together that the gravitational pull of the couch is not too strong today.
I was just thinking that I would love to tell you a bit more about what's going on with me lately--more than the events of the day and the colors of crayons, but I got nothing really. I kind of feel that's how I'm living right now....just the events of the day. Going from one place to another....getting things done. If I stop to think, I get frustrated. I'm in a place of great longing. I want more than I have. I want a job. An acting job. An honest-to-god pays-by-the-week acting job. Not this stipend stuff I'm doing now----although I am GRATEFUL for it. I want more.
I want more and yet I want things to be easier. I don't want to be at work at 7am so that I can leave at 8am to get in line with 150 other actors for a 2 minute slot at lunchtime then go back to work until 6pm to make up for the audition time I took off. And what I really don't want is that's the deal my boss made, but he still acts crazy about it sometimes. Yet, I love him and he is a good boss and he bought me a computer for my home....bought it for me...and not to do work work on...just because mine died. But my schedule is hard. And I really don't like it when my writing is rambly and badly structured and punctuated. I really don't like that at all.
You know what I do like?
Sorbet.
So I better get a move-on if I'm buying my mixer attachment today.
I didn't mean to start my day so grumpy. Let's hope it's gone now.
Off to orbit the couch....
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I would like some Lime Sorbet. Please post to Gertrude.
Two drinks! Congratulations, it would take more than two to get me into bed.
Holding pattern... yep, got it, get it!
Thank you for offering to let me and Noodle stay in NYC with you by the way.
I was looking at motel, flea bag, sleeping in the Subway costs and they are all too high for my budget. Besides I would love to spend the money buying you something fabulous when we get there for your kindness.
Yeah, what you said.
Post a Comment