I've been reading a YA book titled Every Soul a Star and it's set on a campground where people are gathering to watch a solar eclipse. And it's life changing for one of the characters. And the descriptions are lovely and enticing. And last night I dreamed of seeing space during the eclipse. All of a sudden, there was Saturn, rings and all, and I kept repeating, "It's so amazing. Oh my God, it's so beautiful."
So, I'm adding it to the list.
See a totality of a solar eclipse. There's one in 2017 that can be seen across America. I'm going to start planning this trip now.
It's big path. I'm thinking camping in Idaho or Wyoming might be the way to do it...or maybe someplace flatter so that a tree line isn't an issue, Kansas or Nebraska. Anyway. That's what I'm doing in August of 2017.
Because I can't afford to get to Australia this November.
...
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just looked at what you posted on the fb. it sounds like a GLORIOUS plan!!! I remember laying together on the ground in wyoming and just being in awe...this is a fabulous goal. Lord knows, it'll be here in a flash.
I want to go to a flat place & see this as well. I remember being in Texas, San Antonio I believe, and seeing a near total or annular eclipse in the early 80's. It was pretty freaking cool. A total would be way cooler!
Post a Comment