Thursday, September 15, 2011

Things You May or May Not Give a Wreck About

--I'm wearing my comfortable boots today instead of my cute boots. When did I turn into that lady?
--They're giving me stuff to do at work now, but I still have plenty of time to jerk around, so that's cool.
--My new class starts next week and we have a rock-star class roster. I am both nervous and excited.
--A little piece of my tooth cement fell out of my mouth this morning. It scared me because I thought it was a piece of my tooth.
--In two hours time my behind will be in a car on the way to Philly to hear Glen Campbell sing "Gentle On My Mind" to me as I sit in the fourth row and tears stream down my face.
--New York is getting a bike share program next year.
--I've been saving up for a new apartment, but am getting increasingly nervous about the increasing costs of living alone. NYC hates single people. For real.
--I got really frustrated at an audition last night when I had planned to do something on the fifth line of the script and then the director stopped my on the second line of the script to give that direction to do it from the beginning. My way would have been more interesting and, frankly, funnier, but unfortunately, the dang director didn't have time to sit there and trust me and be surprised. I give up again.
--I wish I had a Diet Pepsi. That's going to be the first problem I fix when I leave work today.

...

4 comments:

Kizz said...

- You became that lady when you moved to a city where you have to walk a million miles uphill both ways in the snow to get anywhere. Also, what size are your feet?
- Have fun in Philly, that sounds awesome.
- I prefer to think of NYC as punishing us for being wasteful and expecting our own space in such a crowded place. Doesn't matter how you think of it, still sucks big fat eggs.

jlp said...

We're getting a bike share program??? Will it be like Montreal's and Paris's? Actually, I heard there were some class issues being taken out on the Paris bikes. I wonder if that'll happen here.

Misti Ridiculous said...

Philly. I'm so jealous I'm not with you. That's been happening a lot in my life as of late. the jelous I'm not with you thing.
i dont even know what a bike share program is but i'm jealous of that too

Cindy said...

I have always been that lady. I have the ugliest old lady looking shoes.