And now, an email from *SAM* the dude who pay rent to who lives in Columbus.
**Please note that he says he was just thinking about it, and he's asked if I've checked with Doober. Hey! Remember how in Doober's second letter he told Sam he was going to tell on me?!! Sam, you know perfectly well this has been discussed with Doober! Y'all two, quit with the manipulation and the passive-aggression.
Chrome- hi was just thinking about the guests thing
what's your situation with the guests coming???
Just to keep in mind that we have to be cool with the neighbors and not have a ton of people around generating curiosity, etc... I want us to err on the side of caution, so if it;s more than one or two guests tops for one or two days I'm not sure if it's a good idea...
How many guests, for how long?? have you checked with *Doober*?
I actually more or less stopped bringing guests to the apt after realizing last year that it wasn't really fair to *doober*, so pls just be sure to talk w him about it- *doober* kind of has the final say about whether or not and how much intrusion he's comfortable allowing - (*Doober* is pretty accommodating, but sometimes I think he's a bit picky about having folks in his space, which whether or not we agree with, we need to respect.)
I know it's maybe a drag, but just to give you some perspective, i've had to curtail a lot of my own guests over the years in that space- it;s just the way it is- we have to be cool if we want to keep a good thing going.
If there are more than 1 person coming for more than a day or two, then at the very least, we will need to be super- careful about the parameters of their stay, i.e., coordinating with *doober*'s schedule, not giving keys out to people, watching the noise, etc....
please give me a call if you want to discuss 6143328689
thanks
*sam*
Friday, July 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Does this mean I can call *Sam*?
hows about I call Sam? ---so what are you going to do?
I hope you're looking for a new place. seriously. this is no way to live.
I agree that you should move, and I'm sure you've been thinking about it. But since you're not moving yet, it makes sense to make some concessions with your roommate.
I know he's a pain in the ass, but I don't think it's unreasonable for him to ask for some of these things (a set time for him to have access to the shower, people not coming and going so many times in a day, etc.). He still has to go about his scheduled life, even though your guests are in vacation mode. If he had insisted that your guests pay him money, I'd think that was unreasonable unless they were staying for a month, say.
Our landlords freaked out just when we had one guest for a couple of days because we gave her keys to the apartment. People are Nervous Nellies. It happens. Just try to think like one of them and give everyone involved (even troublesome neighbors) a heads up about exactly who's staying and for exactly how long. Not everyone understands hospitality, but you can at least be the bigger person here. Tell him what night(s) you and guests plan to eat in and welcome him to join you, for example.
I think the lucky thing about this is that you aren't planning to have 10 friends stay and hang out painting each other's nails and trying out Martha Stewart recipes for a month. You've got 2 family members that you love dearly and who you always show NYC when you're here. So they aren't actually going to be in the apartment all that much and none of the stuff he's passive-aggressiving about is actually going to happen. How they both are equating your mom and nephew with a bunch of random peers who stayed for a couple of weeks....well, that's another matter and smacks of people who don't get out much. Which is saying something coming from me, the original stayer inner.
I'm sorry, but both of your "room mates" are complete dickheads. Being afraid to actually live in and do shit in the place you live is a "good thing going"?
Post a Comment