Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Can Bake a Cherry Pie, Billy Boy

I like to bake.
For Jackal's birthday I made THE BEST red velvet cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and red sugar sprinkles. Seriously. I'm not kidding. They were good.
For Christmas every year, BestGayBoyfriend and I spend a Saturday baking Christmas cookies. One year it was eight varieties with a least two dozen of each batch. That's a lot of cookies.
All Autumn this year, I messed around with baking apples in different ways. (I had quite a lot of apples from my CSA.)
My secret (?) yearning for children is less about the actual offspring and more about all the cupcakes, costumes, puppet shows, arts-n-crafts, birthday parties. I want to make fun cakes.
I tell you all of that to tell you this. I have found website bliss.
I've spent hours. I want. I need. I covet.
I think I have a new amazing hobby ahead of me.
Good thing my weekends are free.

...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

And I would eat it, so that's team work!

Gertrude said...

I am all in.