There is a rather non-descript Irish pub around the corner from the theater. Bar, pool table, TV's playing sports, jukebox. That's it. No frills. The men's room is on the ground floor, the women's room is upstairs, which is difficult in heels, but as there are very few women who frequent the bar, I suppose it is a logical choice. If you are hungry, you are welcome to bring your own pizza. If you are hungry and attractive, the bartender will most likely give you a glass of cherries, a glass of olives, and half his sandwich (I'm...ahem...only...ahem...speculating).
One night after a show, my new friend (who shall now be known as The Rina) and I were there just finishing up our second (and what we thought was our last glass of wine) when Mr. ThirtySomething walks in, elbows up to the bar right next to me, sets down his box of trashbags and tuna sandwich, and orders a drink. I inform The Rina that we are having another. We introduce ourselves and spend the next two to three hours talking about theatre and acting whilst he keeps filling our glasses. He had taken a particular liking to The Rina and even gave her his email address. She admits that the novelty of his interest in her would have worn off several drinks earlier had there not been several drinks and had he not been a celebrity. She has a bf. All in all, it was an interesting evening. He's a nice guy. He also has very lofty ideas about children's theatre and theatre as an art in the United States. He is, at heart, an artist.
Stay tuned for more Adventures from the Pub....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The characters he's played have all had great taste in women too.
Really. That is interesting.
True, he does keep good company in women. I've always liked him.
Tuna Sandwich and Trash bags... what am I missing? Just seems like a weird combo.
He has a long career and he might know something about stamina.
Post a Comment