Today at lunch, I ran real quick into one of those weird clothing shops on Eighth Ave in midtown to see if they had any Vans for my nephew. It was pretty clear to see in a manner of 10 seconds that they did not, so I turned to leave.
"Women's shoes are on that wall over there," the salesgirl points out.
"Ah, no. I was looking at the boys. Thanks, though," I say as I continue to walk out.
"We have some big jeans back here. Sizes 22 and 24."
I swung around.
"Do not say that to a person. Do not say it."
"What?"
"First of all, I don't wear a size 24, second of all, don't tell a person you have "big" clothes for them."
The other girl standing at the cash register shakes her head and rolls her eyes while the salesgirl in front of me continues to just not get it.
Gesturing to my lower body she tries to explain to me, "But they are bigger sizes."
"DO NOT SAY THAT. That's not what you say." I look to the other clerk, "Tell her. Tell her that's mean. Tell her not to say that to people."
"It is mean," she nods.
I spin to leave and smack into a rack of leather jackets.
Then I gave those jackets a shove so they'd know to stay out of my way next time.
...
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There's a documentary coming out (or may be out) http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/americathebeautiful2/
Every person on the planet needs to see this. EVERY PERSON NEEDS THIS BURNED INTO THEIR BRAINS.
You are beautiful and amazing.
I'm so mad at those leather jackets for ruining your exit. But not as mad as I am at that clerk.
I shake my fist at the Universe for you. I have no idea what or why it's become your own personal Mean Girl...I have no idea. Stay strong. Kick the shit out of every leather jacket that gets in your way. I'm pretty sure that's activity points right there.
You are beautiful. And amazing.
And you will win this mean girl fight with the world.
because you are stronger than you know.
Ugh! How many people am I going to have to stab? Stupid mean girls.
Post a Comment